2018 sees Key celebrate its 40th anniversary. Over the year we will use this section to feature the many ways in which we are celebrating 40 years of Key.
We also hope people with a connection to Key, from across our past and present, will use this as a chance to share their memories or stories with us. You can find our more about getting involved here.
As services and supports for people with disabilities have changed, so has Key. Over the past 40 years we have continued to evolve and develop into the organisation we are today.
We still have houses and we still have tenants.
We still passionately believe in people with disabilities’ right to be supported to live the life they want in their local communities.
Now the majority of people we support live in their own homes and we support people with a wider range of needs.
Here are some Key Facts and Figures:
- We support almost 1600 people from Thurso to Stranraer
- We employ 1800 staff
- 55% of the people we support are male, 45% are female
- 12% of the people we support are under the age of 25
- 67% of the people we support are aged 26-65
- 15% of the people we support are aged 66 and over
- The oldest person we support is 94, the youngest is still in school
- Many people have been supported by us for more than 20 years and some for over 30 years
- Over 700 of the people we support have an individual budget
- Our most northerly service is Thurso
- Our most southerly service is Stranraer
- Our most westerly service is Portree – which is also one of our most recent services
- Our most easterly service is Bathgate
- We own 713 properties
- We have 727 tenants.